Faculty members in the Department of Retailing and Tourism Management feature a variety of research themes. The hard work and credibility of our faculty members have allowed their research to be published in several peer-reviewed journals, books, abstracts, and more.
Click here for a list of research topics conducted by out faculty.
For a complete list of faculty member publications please click the links below.
Awards and Distinctions:
- 2002-2003 Fulbright Teaching & Research Fellow- Department of Geography &Tourism, University of Cape Coast, Ghana,West Africa
- 2001 – Recipient of the Outstanding Department Advisor Award, Department of Nutrition & Food Science, College of Environmental Sciences, University of Kentucky.
- Patricia Brantley Todd Awards of Excellence in Human Environmental Sciences – Research 1/2010.
- Recognized for 10+ years of continuous research funding by the Research & Graduate Studies Reception, University of Kentucky, Spindletop Hall, 97 & 99.
- Editor: International Textiles and Apparel Association Newsletter (January 2011-December- 2014)
- Editorial Board: Clothing and Textile Research Journal
- 2011 Patricia Brantley Todd Award of Excellence in Research ($1,000), University of Kentucky
- 2009 Best Research Paper from Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles fall conference, Seoul, Korea, Oct. 16.
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Hospitality and Event Management
- Norma H. Compton Outstanding Doctoral Student Award Nomination, School of Consumer Sciences, Purdue University, 2010
- Berg Fashion Library, Winner of the 2011 Dartmouth Medal, 2011 Frankfurt Book Fair Digital Award, 2011 Bookseller Future Book Award for Best Website. S. Michelman and K. Miller-Spillman published “Gender, dress and fashion” in The Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion (vol. 2, pp. 128-134). New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons.
- Costume Society CSA Southeastern Region Vice-President- 2014-2015
- In 2012, he was named to the inaugural class of Forty for the Future, a national program recognizing tourism’s leading talent under the age of 40.
- 2014 Early Career Outstanding Teacher Award from the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment Student Council
- Highly Commended Paper Award from the Emerald Publishing Literati Network Awards for Excellence for Tourist shoppers’ satisfaction with regional shopping mall experiences, International Journal of Culture, Tourism, and Hospitality Research, 2008
- Editor of Book Essays, Journal of Business Research, 2005-present
Click here for a more complete list of Awards and Distinctions of our faculty, or click on the individual's name to go to their faculty profile page.